Shazam vs. SoundHound
I got an iPhone quite a while ago. Right now I have (wow, just checked) 228 apps. One of the first apps that I got was Shazam. It is an amazing app. Just record 10 seconds of a song, and it can identify it (most of the time). Then, at some point, they decided to put a limit on the number of songs one could identify on the free version. Being slightly cheap when it comes to iPhone apps, I found another that did the same thing: SoundHound. Since then, when I heard a song on the radio or somewhere else that I wanted to know, I would just pick one randomly (unless Shazam was past its limit).
Well, Lifehacker pitted the two apps against each other to see which one was more effective. They put the two through a series of tests that measured the effectiveness of the apps. Overall, SoundHound seemed to come out on top. However, they also found some interesting patterns in the use of the apps. Shazam seemed to pick up pop music better, while SoundHound had more obscure songs as well.
Original article: http://lifehacker.com/#!5757214/shazam-vs-soundhound-battle-of-the-mobile-song-id-services
Well, Lifehacker pitted the two apps against each other to see which one was more effective. They put the two through a series of tests that measured the effectiveness of the apps. Overall, SoundHound seemed to come out on top. However, they also found some interesting patterns in the use of the apps. Shazam seemed to pick up pop music better, while SoundHound had more obscure songs as well.
Original article: http://lifehacker.com/#!5757214/shazam-vs-soundhound-battle-of-the-mobile-song-id-services
Comments (2)
February 18, 2011 at 10:20 PM
That's pretty cool. Do you know if they have android versions of these apps?
February 19, 2011 at 7:00 PM
Yes, there is an android app for both of them.
Post a Comment