8:12 PM

Triple Update

I was looking through Gizmodo, and I found three extremely interesting articles, and I couldn't just pick one, so here goes:

The first caught my eye because it simply looked awesome!  Take a look:



I have a secret love for the works of Theo Jansen.  He is a artist/engineer who recreated the wheel.  The somewhat creepy leg looking things beneath the hamster ball are the design of Jansen.  The hamster vehicle was created by this man (I suggest taking a look, his stuff is pretty interesting):
http://crabfuartworks.blogspot.com/2011/02/hamster-powered-walker.html

Also, take a look at Theo Jansen's works sometime, they are amazing.  Here is a video from a while ago about him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcR7U2tuNoY

Original article: http://gizmodo.com/5753306/no-rodents-were-harmed-in-the-making-of-this-elaborate-hamster-wheel


The next article took me by surprise.  It is about a previously un-contacted Amazonian tribe.  It is crazy to think that there are still places in the world that modern society doesn't even know about, much less a place where humans are already living.  Here is an image taken by plane as it passed overhead:






Original article: http://gizmodo.com/5752429/uncontacted-jungle-tribe-caught-on-video


The last article I noticed is about a technology I have recently become interested in.  My mother got a Kindle e-book for Christmas, and the display looked like nothing I would have expected.  No back light, crisp, and looking like they were made to; like paper.  These displays work with e-ink, a somewhat newly widespread technology that uses little battery and looks a lot like regular ink on paper.  Well, the article I found was about an e-ink tablet.  Think about having an endless supply of paper that you could save in a digital format all in the form of something like this:


No more notebooks or backpacks.  If it really had a battery life of 180 hours and only cost $100 dollars like the article said, I would be hard pressed not to buy it.

Original article: http://gizmodo.com/5752688/i-really-really-hope-this-noteslate-paper-tablet-is-real

Comment (1)

I have actually used something like the e-ink tablet in a Brookstone store. It was pretty neat.

Post a Comment